Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Go Time

Race day approaches and my productivity is down something-eight percent.

I've had a few really good runs over the past 7 days that leave me pretty optimistic. 10k time trial run around City Park lake at 38:57, my first 10k under 39 minutes. This HURT at the end, but that is what it is supposed to do. Then 17 on Sunday with Kircher and Cam. The bulk was around 7:30 pace and then Kircher and I hit the last 3 miles hard with miles of 6:50, 6:30something and 6:40something on the hills from the Quincy/Holly intersection to home.

Then today was the Pfitz 3x1 mile. I went to City Park for this, nice cool day, slight wind. Miles went at 5:42, 5:40 and 5:42 with 3:00 jog recoveries. Very pleasesd with this. They were at a hard pace, but I stayed on pace and powered through each of the last quarters. The first half mile was uphill/upwind and the 2nd half mile was downhill/downwind, and each mile had a net loss of 5 feet of eleavation according to RunningAhead.com.

In any event, this is well over 20 seconds per mile faster than this same workout last year. I'll take it. Now I just need to stay sane over the next 10 days until I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment